In the summer time, taking good care of your feet is extremely important. Here are some tips and proper procedures to take care of your feet and keep them soft and moisturized.
1. Gently wash your feet with soap and warm water to remove the dust and pollution.
2. Exfoliate with a body/foot scrub to remove any dry and dead skin.
3. Massage the scrub in circular motions to exfoliate the hardened skin on your heels and bottom of your feet.
4. Use a foot file or a pumice stone to remove the dead skin cells that can cause rough patches on the feet.
5. Moisturize with foot cream/lotion daily.
6. Do not trim toenails too short, and don't cut out or dig at corners. Use nail file to smoothen the ridges and to give the edges a slight curve.
7. Apply cuticle oil to your toenails to soften and moisturize the hardened edges.
8. Choose a nail poslish color of your preference or color that is in season to apply to your toenails.
9. Before stepping out in the sun, make sure you have applied sunscreen product to your feet.
10. Wear compression stockings at night to help increase blood circulation and to minimize the chance of edema.