- "Membership Card" means the card issued to you to enjoy benefits upon successful registration with the super e membership programme. Unless otherwise specified, it refers to both the physical card and the electronic card on the mobile application ‘city'super HK'
- "Stored Value" refers to the money loaded onto the membership card
- "Loyalty Points" means the points awarded to you based on net purchases at CSL stores and eShop
- "super e Reward Redemption Site" means that on the anniversary date, super e-gold members can redeem the corresponding reward on the super e Reward Redemption site
- "Effective Period" means the 12 months following the membership effective date, upgrade date or renewal date
- "Member Site" means pages of the CSL website which are accessible only to members
- "Stores" means physical retail outlets operated by CSL in Hong Kong
- "eShop" means the online retail outlet (https://online.citysuper.com.hk/ , https://macauonline.citysuper.com.hk/ , https://logon.com.hk/ ) operated by CSL in Hong Kong or Macao
Application for Membership
- Application for super e membership (“member”, including all membership tiers) is free upon filling in the required information on the registration form provided by CSL, agreeing to these Terms and Conditions and completing the verification of the applicant’s mobile phone number. No membership fee and minimum spending are required for membership registration. Registration can be made via:
city’super social media pages
LOG-ON social media pages
city’super HK mobile application
- If an application is successful, the applicant, who must be aged 18 years or above, will be given one electronic membership card on the mobile application.
- Applicants must ensure that the information submitted on the registration form is authentic, accurate, complete, not misleading and without any elements of fraud.
- Members can log into the Member Site or mobile application upon successful registration at the mobile application, any of our stores or online. Once logged in, members can check their purchase and loyalty points record, as well as member rewards.
- To ensure super e members receive promotional offers and discounts, members may be requested to supplement or provide us with their complete and accurate personal data, including but not limited to their membership birthday information, interest and address upon logging in for the first time.
- Unique user name (i.e. email address) may be used by a member to log into the Member Zone or mobile application, where they can also reset their password in the “Forgot Password” section. If a member forgets their password, a new password will be sent to their registered email address.
- Applicants must register a correct and valid mobile number from Hong Kong, Mainland China, Macau or Taiwan to receive an SMS authentication code. Applicants must be the legitimate owner of the registered mobile number (note: the SMS authentication code will only be sent to the applicant’s registered mobile number, i.e. if the applicant has turned on SMS Divert service, the SMS authentication code will still only be sent to the registered mobile number, but not another mobile number that the applicant has diverted to). An email will be sent to a new member after successful registration for their records.
- To the extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable for any claim, demand, liability or action resulting from customer’s/member's omission, neglect and/or failure to supply us with their updated information, or from the accuracy and completeness of those data.
Membership & Validity
- super e membership will automatically expire if no purchase has been recorded in the past 36 months; in this case all unused balance will be automatically forfeited.
- super e-gold membership is valid for one year. Once a member accumulates HK$30,000 net spending within the membership effective period, his/her super e-gold membership will be automatically retained and renewed for the next year; conversely, if a member's accumulative net spending is less than HK$30,000, his/her super e-gold membership will be downgraded to super e accordingly. Effective period refers to the 12 months following the membership effective date, upgrade date or renewal date (i.e. if the effective date super e was upgraded to super e-gold is 1 September, the expiry date will be 31 August the following year).
- All membership accumulative purchase records will automatically reset to zero at the end of the effective period.
- Membership upgrades and downgrades are automatically handled by the system, based on accumulated spending. Members cannot choose to be upgraded or not to be downgraded.
Membership Usage & Member Discounts
- Any exercise of membership rights and any member-related transactions including payment with stored value, member discounts, loyalty point accumulation, product exchange, refunds and so on must be made with a membership card for record-keeping purposes.
- A member can only use his or her designated electronic membership card to log into a mobile phone. The membership card is non-transferrable. If abuse or misuse is found, CSL reserves the right to terminate or suspend the membership.
- For any purchase at the CSL Hong Kong or Macao eShop, a member must log into his or her membership account to obtain the discount and loyalty points; only one membership card can accumulate loyalty points or use eCoupons or stored value for each transaction.
- Shopping privileges are not applicable to purchases of Shopping Vouchers, city’super Gift Cards, and discounted and specified items/counters. Please refer to instore price tags and promotional materials. A 5% discount is applicable to these affiliated merchants - Anteprima, Atsuro Tayama, INDIVI, OZOC, Pearly Gates, Furla, Heroic Rendezvous, Cocktail and Vetement.
- If a super e member applies for a physical membership card, or if a super e-gold member loses a physical card and requires a replacement, a non-refundable handling fee of HK$40 will be charged.
- Purchases of city’super Gift Cards and Shopping Vouchers, super e card stored value top-up, delivery service charges and wrapping service charges do not qualify for any loyalty points, accumulative spending or free delivery service.
- Members are responsible for the maintenance and use of their membership cards. CSL is not responsible for any loss incurred from stolen or loss of membership card.
- A member should notify us immediately by calling the Customer Service Hotline (852) 2736 3866 (Mondays to Fridays 10:00am to 6:00pm except Public Holidays.) if any error occurs when conducting a transaction with their card, or if their card is lost.
Loyalty points, super e Reward Redemption Site, eCoupons & Stored Value
- By showing your super e card on payment, every dollar you spend at city’super, LOG-ON, cookedDeli stores and the eShop will be converted to 1 loyalty point. Purchases of city’super Gift Cards or Shopping Vouchers, stored value top-up, delivery charges and gift wrapping charges are not eligible. Loyalty points granted may vary in promotions.
- Loyalty points are valid for 12 months following the effective date of a membership, and loyalty points collected after this date will be calculated in calendar year. Loyalty points accumulated during a calendar year are valid from the effective date until the end of that year. Expired loyalty points will be automatically forfeited.
- Membership cards must be presented upon transaction to earn loyalty points. Members should check and update their electronic card before payment to ensure an efficient payment process.
- Spending records and loyalty points will normally be issued and updated within 36 hours of purchase, except for specified promotions.
- Stored value in the card is non-returnable, non-refundable and non-transferable; all unused balance will be forfeited when membership expires.
- Members who forget to bring their membership card can contact the Customer Service Counter on the same day before payment to get membership record card or barcode for recording the purchase and loyalty points. Membership data will be requested for identity verification purposes.
- The loyalty point records of CSL shall prevail. CSL will not accept any claim of missing loyalty points after transaction.
- Loyalty points are non-transferable and non-divisible, and loyalty points stored in different membership cards cannot be used in combination.
- Loyalty points can be checked on Member Site or mobile application.
- For super e members - upon accumulating the designated amount of loyalty points, the corresponding eCoupon will be automatically issued to super e members’ accounts. Once an eCoupon is issued, it implies the corresponding loyalty points have been deducted.
- For super e-gold members - at their anniversary date, eligible super e-gold members can redeem the reward corresponding to the designated number of loyalty points accumulated on the super e Reward Redemption Site within 60 days. Once a redemption is confirmed, it implies the corresponding loyalty points have been deducted.
- All canceled transactions and shopping refunds will result in the automatic deduction of loyalty points obtained from them, including the extra loyalty points earned from specific promotions.
super e Reward Redemption Site
- super e-gold members who accumulate 40,000 or more loyalty points by their anniversary date can redeem the corresponding reward on the redemption page within 60 days while stocks last.
- For using the loyalty points, each redemption must be in units of 40,000 points. No redemption arrangement can be made with fewer points than the minimum of 40,000, and the points balance will be forfeited.
- Bonus points will be deducted from a member’s account once the redemption is confirmed, and this redemption cannot be altered or cancelled.
- Redemption gifts are non-refundable, and cannot be redeemed for cash, sold or exchanged for any other products.
- All reward photos are for reference only, and the actual products may vary. The rewards do not include any warranty, exchange, cash refund or change. Members are responsible for checking the quality of rewards at the time of redemption. No rewards will be re-issued and no bonus points refunded afterwards.
- All rewards are only available while stocks last. CSL has the right to terminate the provision of particular rewards or provide similar rewards as an alternative without prior notice. CSL does not guarantee any rewards will continue to be available during the promotional period.
- CSL reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of online redemption without prior notice, and of final decision on all matters of dispute.
- All eCoupons are automatically issued by the system on the following day based on the accumulated spending records, as follows:
super e: an eCoupon of HK$50 for every 2,000 loyalty points accumulated.The HK$50 eCoupon can be used with any single net purchase of HK$200 or above at city’super, LOG-ON or cookedDeli stores; purchases of city’super Gift Cards or Shopping Vouchers, stored value top-up, delivery charges and gift wrapping charges are not eligible.
- One HK$50 eCoupon can be used with every spending of HK$200 at city’super, LOG-ON or cookedDeli stores, two HK$50 eCoupons with spending of HK$400, and so on, with no limitations.
- eCoupons can only be used at physical stores in Hong Kong, and are valid for 60 days; eCoupons are not applicable to the eShop. Expired or used eCoupons will not be reissued.
- eCoupons cannot be redeemed for cash, used to purchase Gift Cards or Shopping Vouchers, or to top up super e cards, or used in conjunction with any promotional cash coupons or promotional coupons. The total value of each eCoupon will be deducted in full when used. Any unused balance will be forfeited.
- eCoupons are non-transferable and must be used together with a membership card for verification.
- CSL is not responsible for any fraudulent use by third parties if an eCoupon is lost or stolen.
- CSL reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of eCoupon use without prior notice, and of final decision on all matters of dispute.
- HK$3,000 is the highest value storable per membership card, and HK$100 is the minimum. Value must be added in multiples of HK$100. The top-up service is available at physical stores in Hong Kong only. Payment using stored value is also applicable to transactions at physical stores in Hong Kong only. If the card balance is insufficient to pay the required transaction, the card can be used in combination with cash, credit cards, EPS or Octopus card to settle the rest of the payment. Payment using stored value is not applicable to eShop transactions.
- Reminders of member benefits and promotions will be sent to members via email or SMS. Members should provide valid email address and mobile phone number to avoid missing out on important notices.
- CSL is not responsible for any case of undelivered email messages or notifications.
- CSL is not responsible for any loss of loyalty points due to technological or system problems.
- CSL has the absolute discretion to refuse and/or revoke the registration of any applicant and to terminate and/or cancel the registration of such applicant for any reason whatsoever. In the event a membership is terminated by us for any reason(s), related loyalty points will also be forfeited immediately.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, such invalidity and unenforceability shall not affect the remainder of the Terms and Conditions, which shall continue in full force and effect.
- All terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Hong Kong SAR and members agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the territory.
- CSL reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
- Should there be any dispute, CSL reserves the right of final decision.
- In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall apply and prevail.